Ports of Auckland continue to suspend operations today due to Cyclone Gabrielle.
The safety of our people and port infrastructure are our priorities. Please see below for details on changes to operations:
Port operations continue to be suspended. Operations will resume at 0700 Wednesday 15 February.
- We will have skeleton crew on-site for emergencies.
- If it is safe to do so, we will bring ships alongside early to prepare for resumption of operations at 0700 Wednesday.
- Demurrage will not be charged for the period of the port closure.
- All cargo vessels have already been sent to anchor or sea as agreed with the Harbour Master (AT) and Ship Masters.
- The cruise ship Arcadia will remain berthed at Queens East.
- All other vessels remaining berthed at POAL (barges, fishing boats, navy etc) must have additional lines in place and more people on stand-by.
We will be assessing the situation regularly and will continue to update stakeholders through operational advisories.
Thank you for the support and patience you have already shown our Customer Service, Gate Operations, and Berthage teams as they work from home. Some of them have experienced power outages today and more issues are expected. The team are working hard to support everyone and will manage requests and calls as best they can. We appreciate your patience as we get through this cyclone.
Following this weather event and the lost operational time we expect there will be some yard congestion and high demand on VBS bookings. Please be patient with us and others as we catch up and return to normal operations.
Keep up to date with Auckland's emergency announcements here: https://www.aucklandemergencymanagement.org.nz/major-incident/flooding-2023
Stay safe. Thank you