Ports of Auckland (POAL) will soon start to implement Containerchain's Vehicle Booking System (VBS) and eGate/Driver products across all POAL sites. The first stage of implementation will be the change in the VBS system (excluding eGate) at the Fergusson Container Terminal and Link Empty Yard from mid-July.
We are switching to Containerchain to help establish a standard approach for carriers when booking times and slots across the major logistics hubs in the Upper North island. Hubs such as Metroport and Southdown already use Containerchain.
If you do not already have a Containerchain account, please set one up as soon as possible before the system training sessions which will be held (by Containerchain) between 1st – 10th July.
All bookings for after the go-live date MUST be made in Containerchain, so Containerchain will be operating a week ahead of go-live to enable this. 1-Stop will operate as normal up to go-live.
New rules, fees and processes
POAL Drivers Assist will no longer be able to make bookings on behalf of Transport Operators
- Windows will be 30 mins
- 15 min early buffer / 0 min late buffer
- Peak / off peak rates will apply
- Bookings can still be made for cleared imports for a slot time after vessel arrival
- Bookings are unable to be made for a window that has commenced
- Any booking can be changed or cancelled free of charge, if done more than two hours before the start of the booking
- Cancellations within 2 hours of the start of the booking can still be made, however will incur the applicable booking fee
- All bookings will incur a booking fee regardless of processing time
- The terminal can cancel future bookings with no less than two hours' notice, at no cost to the Transport Operator. Settings in your Containerchain account can enable an email to be sent advising of bookings cancelled by the terminal.
- Transport Operators must apply in writing to Drivers Assist to appeal a no-show or cancellation charge. Appeals must be received within two business days of the booking. Consideration of the charge will be at the sole discretion of POAL.
The fee structure is changing to a demand-based pricing model designed to encourage the use of off-peak booking times.
The 'No-shows' fee will change to a flat $50 surcharge on top of the booking fee, which is non-refundable in the event of a 'no-show'.
*Surcharges are charged on top of the applicable booking fee
Further advisories regarding training, charges and go-live updates will be sent over the coming weeks.
If you have any questions, please contact Drivers Assist [email protected] 09 348 5100 Ext.2.