The recent announcement of Port of Auckland's FY23 financial results confirmed the strong recovery in financial performance, that resulted in the almost doubling of the dividend to Auckland Council for the year. To recognise this, Port of Auckland has today paid a one-off Company Performance Bonus (CPB).
"We're delighted that we can share the great results of the company with our people. This company performance bonus reflects there has been significant work done by our people throughout the year in delivering the first year of our Regaining our Mana strategy. We've had an exceptional improvement in our results, and we thank all our people for their efforts," said Roger Gray, CEO of Port of Auckland.
"We know that it's been a tough year with many family budgets coming under pressure, and we're pleased to be able to provide this one-off bonus to our people."
Eligibility criteria apply, however the bonus of $1,125 before tax will be given to Port of Auckland employees who are employed in roles that have Collective Employment Agreements (union members) and were employed prior to 1 January 2023. Bonuses will not be prorated for part time staff or casual staff working more than 30 hours per week, however there is a tiered approach for people who have worked for less than half the financial year.
Port employees on individual agreements will receive a
bonus according to their contract.
Notes to editors
- Over 430 employees on Collective Employment Agreements will receive the Company Performance Bonus announced today.
- For people employed prior to 1 January 2023 the payment will be $1,125 before tax.
- For people who joined between 1 January 2023 and 31 March 2023, or have worked on a casual basis between 15 and 30 hours per week the payment will be $562.50 before tax.
- Anyone who joined from 1 April 2023 are not eligible for a payment.
- Casual staff on 15 hours per week or less are not eligible for a payment.
For media requests contact
Head of Communications
M: 027 421 6697
E: [email protected]