From Tuesday 21 September 0700 hours the 0800 number for container truck drivers who are processed via Multi Cargo Road Office will now follow a similar process to that at Fergusson.
Drivers will no longer need to get out of their trucks at the Multi Cargo truck park. This reduces the risk to drivers, their families, trucking companies and the supply chain.
The road office team will now deal with the increased volume of phone calls. Despatchers wanting to contact Multi Cargo road office are asked to do so via email and not phone so that Drivers in the truck park using the 0800 number are not delayed.
You may however contact the team for assistance with HAZ containers.
Please note the process below for using the 0800 number at Multi Cargo.
- When your driver arrives in the Multi Cargo truck park, they need to be in the first two rows closest to the front before they call the 0800 number. The Traffic Management team will be onsite and communicating with the road office to ensure trucks on the phone are at the front.
- When your truck is in the correct place, they ring the Multi Cargo Road Office on 0800 227 460.
- When the staff answer the phone, they will check with the Traffic Management team that your driver is in the correct place in the truck park and then ask for the information the drivers would normally give in the office.
- Drivers licence number and fleet number
- Express pin number(s)
- Or container number(s) and delivery check number(s)
- Positions and door direction
Once your driver has been processed, the stevedore will receive an email advising the details or your transaction and your driver will be transferred to the required stevedore to complete the R&D process.
On exiting the port, your driver will only be required to give their card number to the security team.
We thank you for your co-operation.