Ports of Auckland will be introducing VBS in our Empty Yard for both Link returns and Empty Exports from Monday 19 April 2021. Bookings will be available for this area from Monday 12 April.
Empty Imports & Empty Storage containers for Pick Up on a release will not require VBS for the Empty Yard gate, but you will be required to contact the Transport Co-ordinator to advise Collection date, time and quantity of containers.
All VBS rules for the Empty Gate will be the same as for the main terminal:
- Slots released 9 days in advance
- Bookings are for the hour with the 15 minutes either side
- Bookings must be listed prior to the booking hour to avoid No Show charges
- Containers must be in our system as pre-advised for empty storage (LINK) and empty exports for a vessel.
- The standard VBS booking fees will apply to these bookings.
Bookings for Link returns will be available in the same book screen, under the option Empty Storage from the drop-down menu.
Bookings for Empty Exports will be requested via the Transport Co-ordinator in the required format prior to 1pm the day prior and Friday 1pm for Monday's.