Dear Port Customer,
It's been a long time coming but we are excited to advise that we have a new, more user-friendly form and process in order to apply for access at the Ports of Auckland.
From Monday 17 May, the new application form link, to register, will be available:
1. On Ports of Auckland website, https://www.poal.co.nz/safety
2. On PortWise learning login screen https://learning.poal.co.nz/learn
When completing the form, please ensure you have the following information at hand:
- A valid ID, e.g. Driver's License, Passport, etc.
- A valid and active email address (all correspondence will come to the email provided in the application).
- Accurate information for your reason for requesting access to the port.
- The name and area of your Port Contact, who is an employee of the Ports of Auckland (Port Contacts approve or reject applications).
The above information provided correctly, will ensure faster turnaround of your application.
There are helpful tips in the form that will assist you in selecting the most appropriate options.
Once you submit your application you will receive an email acknowledgment, this includes a tracking number, so keep a look out for that and check your junk mail if you don't receive an email.
If your application is approved, you will receive further communication to login and complete the learning for the role you are coming onto the port to carry out.
Please note, for first time access to the port, you are no longer required to complete a Port Access Application Form (PAAF). It will only be required if:
- You are changing companies (for third party truck drivers, your dispatcher will organise this), or
- Your existing access card has been deactivated because your learning has expired, and you have not renewed it within a 12 month period. If unsure, please confirm status with your Port Contact.
For any queries, please get in touch with your Port Contact. If you already have an account with us, please DO NOT re-register.