Solution Architect - Supply Chain
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and skilled individual with the ability to increase POAL's capacity and capability to implement our Supply Chain strategy
Reporting to the General Manager - Supply Chain, the Solution Architect - Supply Chain is responsible for developing POAL's knowledge and experience in Supply Chain Management by project management, business development and delivery, and process improvement.
The key areas for which this position will be responsible are:
- Source, investigate, analyse and present information to support decisions relating to POAL's Supply Chain initiatives
- Enhance POAL's knowledge and expertise in Supply Chain Management best-practice, information technology and methodologies
- Developing and present supply chain financial and operational models
- Lead project management initiatives
- Management and implementation of costing strategies
- Develop marketing plans focusing on areas of key business development
Candidates should have the following:
- Analytical skills and experience supporting complex Supply Chain projects
- The ability to partner, collaborate and advise with key stakeholders and customers
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes ideally within transport planning, and/or international freight forwarding
- High level business acumen and sound knowledge of financial management
Please apply via Seek by clicking on the link: Solution Architect - Supply Chain
Personal / Executive Assistant
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and proactive individual to fill the position of PA / Executive Assistant within the Administration and Business Support team. This role will be responsible for providing executive level and administration support to our Executive and Senior Management team.
This role will be required to provide support in the following areas:
- Executive and Senior Management support - Provide proactive support to GM's and Senior Managers around general administration, diary and appointment management, providing documents and reports for meetings, and preparing reports as required.
- Assist with the setting up of meeting and training rooms, including AV equipment, arranging and setting up catering, clearing meeting rooms.
- Provide general administrative support to their allocated Business Unit, Department and teams, including creating and maintaining filing systems.
- Manage travel bookings including booking flights, cars and accommodation
- Processing of expense claim forms and credit card reconciliation
- Other general administrative duties and ad hoc projects as required.
- As part of the wider Administration team, this role will also provide administrative support to the organisation as required, including catering, reception cover and event support.
The Successful Candidate
Reporting to the Team Leader Administration & Commercial Support, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate drive and commitment to ensure managers in their area have the support needed to run their Business Units. They will also have proven EA experience at a senior level, strong organisational skills, and advanced level skills in the Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in event management and Sharepoint would be advantageous.
Please apply via Seek by clicking on the link: Personal / Executive Assistant
Reporting to the Senior Manager Terminal Operations and ER, we are looking for someone committed to a One Port approach that inspires and develops for superior performance and champions the corporate visions, values and culture. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to lead their teams to achieve outcomes and business objectives and work collaboratively to ensure an integrated approach.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead a productive, efficient and cost effective stevedoring operations that delivers on the sustainability plan of POAL.
The key areas for which this position will be responsible are:
- Managing stevedoring work processes and practises
- Managing and facilitating process improvement
- Provide reporting of key operational metrics
- Facilitating the implementation Partnering for Performance framework
- Lead training and development initiatives
- Ensuring appropriate and fair disciplinary processes are followed
It is essential that applicants have demonstrated:
- Proven experience in people management
- Ability to build positive relationships
- Resilience when under pressure
- Experience as a change agent or providing leadership through change
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities
Our ideal candidate will take the initiative to develop and coach staff who seek to innovate within their own area of interest and expertise, build and maintain effective relationships across all business units and be able to make difficult decisions when necessary. Leadership experience or experience in conflict resolution will also be advantageous to this role.
Please apply via Seek by clicking on the link: Manager Stevedoring
Safety and Wellbeing Advisor
Applications are now being sought for the position of Safety and Wellbeing Advisor.
This position will report to the Senior Manager - Safety and Wellbeing and will provide support and guidance to managers and key stakeholders across all business units within the port and its subsidiaries.
The key focus of this role is to:
- Assist the Health and Safety team with its responsibility for policies, hazard identification and management of the entire port and its subsidiary companies
- Provide Health and Safety support and assistance to all managers and coaching on best practice
- Lead and encourage correct and effective contractor management processes port wide
- Support the Health and Safety Manager in assisting business units to challenge their current Health and Safety awareness and provide advice on how to develop the Health and Safety culture at the operational level
- Support and assist with the ACC audits
- Provide data and reporting on all aspects of Health and Safety as required
- Provide support and assistance with rehabilitation to managers with return to work cases
- Support and assist with any environmental issues and tasks as required.
To be successful in this position our ideal candidate will be:
- Skilled and committed to achieving key Health and Safety tasks as outlined above.
- Proven experience in this field or a similar role particularly around contractor management.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to work closely with the business.
- Demonstrates experience in building strong and effective working relationships with key stakeholders from the executive team to frontline managers and staff
- Conflict management experience
- Experience with:
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Contractor Management
- Hazardous goods
- Emergency planning
- Environmental management
Please apply via Seek by clicking on the link: Safety and Wellbeing Advisor
Casual Stevedores (Lashers) - Shift Work including Nights and Weekends
We are now seeking applications for Casual Stevedores (Lashers). As a Lasher the primary task will be to lash and unlash containers aboard ships that come in to the Port, this is a manual task and requires the ability to undertake heavy lifting. As we operate 24/7, 365 days a year, shifts may fall over weekends, holidays and nights. With current operational demands shifts are predominantly available on nights and weekends. Shift lengths may be from 3 to 12 hours depending on customer requirements.
Our Values form the basis of the Ports of Auckland culture, guiding our behaviour and thinking, providing focus and a sense of direction. They underpin everything we do. We expect that those who are offered and accept the opportunity to work with us will do so in a way consistent with Our Values.
To be considered for this role candidates must be:
- Physically fit
- Committed to health and safety
- Committed to meeting customer requirements
- Prepared to work flexible hours, including weekends and night shift
- Have basic communication skills, including written
- Eligible to work in New Zealand
A full class 1 driver's license will also be advantageous to this role.
Applicants will be required to:
- Undergo a medical, which includes passing a drug and alcohol test. Employees are also subject to random drug testing.
- Complete a criminal history check
- Pass a fitness test
Please note: Casual employees are engaged as and when required and there is no expected or implied continuity of employment.
To apply please download the application form below and submit along with your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. We will only be in touch if you are shortlisted.