Casual Stevedores (Lashers) - Shift Work including Nights and Weekends
We are now seeking applications for Casual Stevedores (Lashers). As a Lasher the primary task will be to lash and unlash containers aboard ships that come in to the Port, this is a manual task and requires the ability to undertake heavy lifting. As we operate 24/7, 365 days a year, shifts may fall over weekends, holidays and nights. With current operational demands shifts are predominantly available on nights and weekends. Shift lengths may be from 3 to 12 hours depending on customer requirements.
Our Values form the basis of the Ports of Auckland culture, guiding our behaviour and thinking, providing focus and a sense of direction. They underpin everything we do. We expect that those who are offered and accept the opportunity to work with us will do so in a way consistent with Our Values.
To be considered for this role candidates must be:
- Physically fit
- Committed to health and safety
- Committed to meeting customer requirements
- Prepared to work flexible hours, including weekends and night shift
- Have basic communication skills, including written
- Eligible to work in New Zealand
A full class 1 driver's license will also be advantageous to this role.
Applicants will be required to:
- Undergo a medical, which includes passing a drug and alcohol test. Employees are also subject to random drug testing.
- Complete a criminal history check
- Pass a fitness test
Please note: Casual employees are engaged as and when required and there is no expected or implied continuity of employment.
To apply please download the application form below and submit along with your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. We will only be in touch if you are shortlisted.
Operations Coordinator (Multi-Cargo)
We currently have a vacancy for an Operations Coordinator within our Multi Cargo Operations division and are seeking applications from individuals who have the experience, qualifications and skills necessary for this challenging role.
Reporting to the Manager Multi-Cargo, Operations Coordinators are part of a team responsible for the day to day operational activities that take place within the Port.
The purpose of this role is to provide a consistently high level of service to the Port's internal and external operational customers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing landside operations
- Managing 3rd parties on the wharf
- Ensuring the safety of all port users
- Managing projects
Our ideal candidate will have at least 3 years operations experience in the shipping, logistics or port industry. A tertiary qualification will also be advantageous to this role.
Demonstrable skills and abilities in the following are essential:
- Communication – Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to get results and deal with difficult situations in a calm and collected manner
- Operations and Planning – Able to establish a course of action to achieve operational objectives, including planning and allocation of resources. You could be moving from office work to on wharf activities and back within any work period.
- Team Work – A proven ability to get results whilst working in a positive and constructive manner with others.
- Technical skills – Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, ERP, LMS and CRM software. H&S and supply chain management.
- Site / Team Management – Experience managing people or operations. Evidence of having had sole responsibility for a team or premises.
The Multi Cargo team is made up of 6 operational staff that rotate through a seamless roster pattern throughout the year. Office hours are Mon - Fri 07:00 – 23:00 and Saturday 07:00 – 15:00. As operations are 24/7 at Multi Cargo, there are times when staff are required outside standard office hours. Team members are rostered to weekend work which equates to approx. one Saturday and one Sunday per month.
This is a challenging role and provides the opportunity for future development and promotion within the Company. To apply for this role, please send a brief cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 5pm, Wednesday 26th July 2017