Reporting to the Senior Manager Terminal Operations and ER, we are looking for someone committed to a One Port approach that inspires and develops for superior performance and champions the corporate visions, values and culture. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to lead their teams to achieve outcomes and business objectives and work collaboratively to ensure an integrated approach.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead a productive, efficient and cost effective stevedoring operations that delivers on the sustainability plan of POAL.
The key areas for which this position will be responsible are:
- Managing stevedoring work processes and practises
- Managing and facilitating process improvement
- Provide reporting of key operational metrics
- Facilitating the implementation Partnering for Performance framework
- Lead training and development initiatives
- Ensuring appropriate and fair disciplinary processes are followed
It is essential that applicants have demonstrated:
- Proven experience in people management
- Ability to build positive relationships
- Resilience when under pressure
- Experience as a change agent or providing leadership through change
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities
Our ideal candidate will take the initiative to develop and coach staff who seek to innovate within their own area of interest and expertise, build and maintain effective relationships across all business units and be able to make difficult decisions when necessary. Leadership experience or experience in conflict resolution will also be advantageous to this role.
Please apply via seek by clicking on the link: Manager Stevedoring
Health and Safety Advisor
Applications are now being sought for the position of Health and Safety Advisor.
This position will report to the Health and Safety Manager and will provide support and guidance to managers and key stakeholders across all business units within the port and its subsidiaries.
The key focus of this role is to:
- Assist the Health and Safety team with its responsibility for policies, hazard identification and management of the entire port and its subsidiary companies
- Provide Health and Safety support and assistance to all managers and coaching on best practice
- Lead and encourage correct and effective contractor management processes port wide
- Support the Health and Safety Manager in assisting business units to challenge their current Health and Safety awareness and provide advice on how to develop the Health and Safety culture at the operational level
- Support and assist with the ACC audits
- Provide data and reporting on all aspects of Health and Safety as required
- Provide support and assistance with rehabilitation to managers with return to work cases
- Support and assist with any environmental issues and tasks as required.
To be successful in this position our ideal candidate will be:
- Skilled and committed to achieving key Health and Safety tasks as outlined above.
- Proven experience in this field or a similar role particularly around contractor management.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to work closely with the business.
- Demonstrates experience in building strong and effective working relationships with key stakeholders from the executive team to frontline managers and staff
- Conflict management experience
- Experience with:
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Contractor Management
- Hazardous goods
- Emergency planning
- Environmental management
Please apply via Seek by clicking on the link: Health and Safety Advisor
Casual Stevedores (Lashers) - Shift Work including Nights and Weekends
We are now seeking applications for Casual Stevedores (Lashers). As a Lasher the primary task will be to lash and unlash containers aboard ships that come in to the Port, this is a manual task and requires the ability to undertake heavy lifting. As we operate 24/7, 365 days a year, shifts may fall over weekends, holidays and nights. With current operational demands shifts are predominantly available on nights and weekends. Shift lengths may be from 3 to 12 hours depending on customer requirements.
Our Values form the basis of the Ports of Auckland culture, guiding our behaviour and thinking, providing focus and a sense of direction. They underpin everything we do. We expect that those who are offered and accept the opportunity to work with us will do so in a way consistent with Our Values.
To be considered for this role candidates must be:
- Physically fit
- Committed to health and safety
- Committed to meeting customer requirements
- Prepared to work flexible hours, including weekends and night shift
- Have basic communication skills, including written
- Eligible to work in New Zealand
A full class 1 driver's license will also be advantageous to this role.
Applicants will be required to:
- Undergo a medical, which includes passing a drug and alcohol test. Employees are also subject to random drug testing.
- Complete a criminal history check
- Pass a fitness test
Please note: Casual employees are engaged as and when required and there is no expected or implied continuity of employment.
To apply please download the application form below and submit along with your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. We will only be in touch if you are shortlisted.