Casual Stevedores (Lashers) - Shift Work including Nights and Weekends
We are now seeking applications for Casual Stevedores (Lashers). As a Lasher the primary task will be to lash and unlash containers aboard ships that come in to the Port, this is a manual task and requires the ability to undertake heavy lifting. As we operate 24/7, 365 days a year, shifts may fall over weekends, holidays and nights. With current operational demands shifts are predominantly available on nights and weekends. Shift lengths may be from 3 to 12 hours depending on customer requirements.
Our Values form the basis of the Ports of Auckland culture, guiding our behaviour and thinking, providing focus and a sense of direction. They underpin everything we do. We expect that those who are offered and accept the opportunity to work with us will do so in a way consistent with Our Values.
To be considered for this role candidates must be:
- Physically fit
- Committed to health and safety
- Committed to meeting customer requirements
- Prepared to work flexible hours, including weekends and night shift
- Have basic communication skills, including written
- Eligible to work in New Zealand
A full class 1 driver's license will also be advantageous to this role.
Applicants will be required to:
- Undergo a medical, which includes passing a drug and alcohol test. Employees are also subject to random drug testing.
- Complete a criminal history check
- Pass a fitness test
Please note: Casual employees are engaged as and when required and there is no expected or implied continuity of employment.
To apply please download the application form below and submit along with your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. We will only be in touch if you are shortlisted.