POAL will be reinstating the minimum number of straddles back to R&D from Thursday 15th November.
All bookings will be released into the main pool so carriers will need to obtain bookings from here. Driver assist will no longer manually manage booking requests.
1. SLOT RELEASE TIMES
- Slots will be released 9 days in advance at 1100am.
Capacity released in advance will be based on our guaranteed straddle capacity.
Our base slot release is;
Mon – Friday = average 1200 - 1350 per day
Saturday – 832
Sunday – 686
- The POAL Road team has the ability at 7am and 7pm on the day to add more slots subject to having access to additional straddles. The other main factor affecting slot capacity is the yard capacity as a full yard requires more re-handles to deliver an import container therefore affecting how many bookings we can service in a given time.
2. CONFIRM A BOOKING
- You will have 10 minutes to confirm a booking before the system auto lists
3. IMPORT CONTAINERS
- To obtain an import container booking a valid container number must be entered at the time of booking the slot. The container must be clear (i.e. no holds – Line/Customs/MPI) in the POAL system. If the container is still on a vessel it may be booked, but only if cleared, and a booking cannot be made before the vessel arrival time at the Port. If you list a booking you will have to wait 3 hours (180 minutes) before you can retrieve it. In this time the slot will be available to other operators to use. During this time you will be able to make other bookings.
You will be able to swap container numbers between valid bookings within a current 24 hour period. E.g. a 9am booking of MSCU1234567 can be swapped with an ABCU1234567 in a 3pm slot. You will not be able to swap with a container that has not been booked.
4. EXPORT CONTAINERS
- An export slot can only be booked against a valid container number.
- The container number must be pre-advised with a valid pre advice against a shipping line booking reference.
- As with imports, export container numbers will be able to be swapped between valid bookings in the same 24 hour period. E.g. a 9am booking of MSCU1234567 can be swapped with an ABCU1234567 in a 3pm slot.
5. NO SHOWS
- THE DEFINITION OF A 'NO SHOW' IS A SLOT THAT BELONGS TO THE LAST OPERATOR THAT OBTAINED IT FROM THE POOL, HOWEVER DID NOT RETURN IT IN A TIMELY MANNER OR USE IT.
- If a slot is listed within 3 hours of a booking start time and no one else picks it up then it will become a 'No Show'. E.g. for a 10 am booking the slot must be relisted before 7am
- A booking that is listed more than 3 hours prior and is not picked up will not be counted as a 'No Show'.
- Bookings that expire with a container number against them will be classed as a 'No Show'. E.g. If a 10am booking is not met before 11.15 am it will be a 'No Show'.
POAL will be closely monitoring our real time dashboards in respect of 'No Shows' over the next month. We will be speaking directly to operators who are seen to be exhibiting any negative behaviours. If the Transport Industry does not reduce the number of 'No Shows', POAL will be implementing SIGNIFICANT 'NO SHOW' PENALTIES.
For more information please contact:
P: +64 9 348 5100 Ext.1
Email us here
queries, please contact:
P: +64 9 348 5100 Ext.2
Email: [email protected]