Ports of Auckland today issued its trading results for the six months ended 31 December 2012.
- Total container volumes for the six-month period were down 8.9% to 413,884 TEU, from 454,234 TEU in the same period last year. Full import containers were 5.4% lower and full exports 9.2% lower than the same period last year.
- Breakbulk (non-containerised, including vehicles) cargo volumes were up 6.5% to 2.02 million tonnes compared to the same period last year. Vehicle volumes were up 1.0%.
- Port operating costs excluding depreciation decreased by $1.1m (1.9%).
- Unaudited net profit after tax (NPAT) of $15.5m compared to $18.6m in 2011, a decrease of 16.6%.
- Port Operations revenue was down 5.8% to $90.1m for the six months. The revenue decline is due to reduced container volumes, and also from the absence of one-off gains in the previous year for Rugby World Cup and Rena salvage operations.
For further information contact:
Ports of Auckland Communications: 09 348 5262
After Hours Media Contact Number (5.30 pm – 8.00 am): 09 348 5040